Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life's Lessons

I understand exactly what Douglas Soccio is saying. I mean most of the people who go though school don't care. Everyone is just happy with C's and it isn't right. They see school as a place to see their friends and not a place to learn, they simply just "put up with" school. This isn't true for me though, my parents have been on me since kindergarden about my grades and it's a very important part of life. Without smarts what can you do? Nothing. There aren't many jobs that don't require some thought so why not get ur time's worth while your at school and actually take advantage of the opportunity we have here as Americans. I mean other less fortunate places would die to go to school. It just makes sense to me to take advantage of every day.

Throughout school I have realized that the friends I make through sports and school are very important. I mean during football we do all this work, basically year 'round, and in the end it may have seemed like it was all for naught, but when you look deeper you realize that the season was more than just wins and losses. It was friendships and bonding, and coming together not only as a team, but basically brothers. I mean we will share that forever, I mean no matter what happens you will always have memories, and friendships are just something that should be cherished forever.

I have also learned to show up and perform everyday no matter what happens. It's the same in school and in football. No matter how bad i feel or how tired i am i know that when i go to school, or step onto the football field that i have to do well. Its not really an option, it's what i have to do. I know that in order to succeed you have to do your best all the time. I mean when somebody takes SAT's they aren't thrilled about it, but its the people who just start selecting answers who won't make it in life. People must perform in undesirable circumstances, bar none, it just has to be done, and through school i have learned the importance of this.

No comments: