Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Three Heroes

Brett Favre is a great example of a hard worker. He was only a backup quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons and when he finally got in he was terrible, but he was later traded to the Packers where he began to make his mark. Brett Favre was terrible but he kept on working and he became an elite quarterback. It goes to show that with hard work anything is possible. Brett is also a perfect example of toughness, he has started 275 straight games. Even when his father passed away he still had the mental toughness to play. Brett Favre exemplifies toughness and hard work, therefore he could truly be anyones hero.

My parents are everything that i have become. They have always been there for me and they are great parents. They have taught me nearly everthing, from table manners to baseball. My dad had me hitting off a baseball tee before i was even 2. They have told me all the normal parenting things like do well in school, do your best, be safe, and take out the trash, but above all they have made an enormous impact in my life. They have supported me all my life, and I am what I am because of them.


I believe that people that put their lives on the line are everyone's hereos, people who are willing to fight for what is right no matter the consequences. Firefighters who run into a burning inferno when everyone else is running out. The SWAT team and police who protect the people, who in times or danger always answer the call. Every single person in the military who keeps our nation safe from attackers. I am thankful for all their bravery for being on the front line keeping other people safe. They demonstrate incredible bravery, and they go to show that when things are done for the right reasons they usually turn out right.

No comments: